Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Errors while setting up iscsi-ha 7 years 5 months ago #1019

• Daniel Loxtermann
  • Daniel Loxtermann's Avatar Topic Author
Hello there!
I am setting up two Servers with Xenserver 7 in a pool. These two Servers are not identical.
I had to use a partition of a RAID (like sda7) instead of using a whole disk. But these two are exactly the same size (double checked with parted).

Now i set up ha-lizard and ha-iscsi with the noSAN installer. On the Pool-Master this works fine, i can connect the iscsi to the floating ip(10.10.10.3).
On the slave the following error message appears:
[root@~]# xe sr-create type=lvmoiscsi device-config:target=10.10.10.3 device-config:targetIQN=iqn.2015.com.halizard:noSAN device-config:LUNid=10 device-config:SCSIid=360000000000000000e0000000001000a name-label=Shared host-uuid=c03613c3-70f9-4f26-b053-308ca6c59359
Error code: SR_BACKEND_FAILURE_97
Error parameters: , Unable to retrieve the host configuration ISCSI IQN parameter,

isci-ha status on master:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

isci-ha status on slave:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

oh, and on the slave is message appears in iscsi-ha log:
Oct 28 14:24:30  iscsi-ha: 4450 DRBD Resource: iscsi1 in SyncTarget state - expected Connected state

i already checked if all the config files are equal, deleted lvm cache.
the servers can see each other via the 10.10.10.0 network (both can ping .1, .2 and .3) and are connected directly with 1GB LAN.

Also the drbd initial-sync is really slow. max i get is 10-11MB/s - which would lead to only 100mbits lan, but both cards have negotiated 1000M.
on both servers there is no significant load or device r/w, so i don't get why drbd is so slow...

does anybody have some solution for these issues?
regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Daniel Loxtermann.

Errors while setting up iscsi-ha 7 years 5 months ago #1020

• Daniel Loxtermann
Okay, i just fixed one issue. Somehow the second server did not get an iqn in the properties - thus couldnt connect. i dont know why one server got a random iqn and the other didnt.

still - why is my drbd sync so slow? 10Mbytes i already tried some setting. maximum i could get is 10-11 mbytes...

Errors while setting up iscsi-ha 7 years 5 months ago #1021

• Salvatore Costantino
The message about sync target state is OK. IT will keep appearing while DRBD performs its initial sync and any time it resyncs.

regarding performance. It could be that the disks are slower than the configured sync speed. The config file sets the sync speed to 100MBps. I would try lowering this to 50 or below to see is that improves the sync speed. You can lower the value while DRBD is running from the drbdadm utility.

Errors while setting up iscsi-ha 7 years 5 months ago #1022

• Daniel Loxtermann
Thanks for your answer!

I set the speed to 10Mbytes with drbdadmin. That is the "best" speed i'm getting so far. (-> 10-11 mbytes)

The Disks are new and so far the network was the bottleneck - not the disks themselfes. scp said something about 80-100 mybtes. i think that drbd works different and so it would be ok if it's slower - but 1/10 seems to slow.

i will consult the drbd documentation for this, as this is not really related to ha-iscsi... if i find something, i will post this here.

• Page: