Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Ha-lizard on the XCP-NG 8.2 in 2021. Progress of my deployment 4 months 1 week ago #2467

I found out what happened. It really was due to the heuristic ip not being accessible. I configured the ip of the management interface in an open internet range (193.168.1.x). And my heuristic ip is in the same range as the exclusive bond for VMs (ETH0 + ETH1 10.10.10.x) and in the same range as the replication bond (ETH2 + ETH3 10.10.10.Y). That way then it won't work, right?
I have no way to work with a proxy on my network. Every time I change the IP of my management interface (leaving the internet 192.168.1.x and going to the internal network 10.10.10.x) and now staying on the same network as the heuristic IP, the xcp server crashes and all network interfaces disappear. They only return if I do an emergency reset. Is there an alternative for this case?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ha-lizard on the XCP-NG 8.2 in 2021. Progress of my deployment 4 months 1 week ago #2468

• Salvatore Costantino
If your heuristic IP is in the same subnet as your replication network (which is a closed peer-to-peer network), the host will select the replication link for the heuristic check, which will ultimately fail.
The heuristic IP should ideally be on the same subnet as the management interfaces. Maybe the router (default GW) of the management interfaces would be a good place to start, assuming that it responds to ping.

Ha-lizard on the XCP-NG 8.2 in 2021. Progress of my deployment 4 months 1 week ago #2469

In reality, I had put the wrong interface on that replication problem through the management interface. my mistake
As I have 3 pools, I will put the slave IP of the next pool as the heuristic ip.
I believe that this will resolve. Tomorrow more tests will come

Ha-lizard on the XCP-NG 8.2 in 2021. Progress of my deployment 4 months 1 week ago #2470

Tests finished for now. The system worked well mainly when I turned off the master and the slave assumed all functions. With the structure ready, I can now work on the VMs. Thanks for everything Salvatore

Ha-lizard on the XCP-NG 8.2 in 2021. Progress of my deployment 2 months 3 weeks ago #2497

Has anyone seen any trouble with ha-lizard after the latest updates to xcp-ng 8.2?
It was all fine before and after previous updates applied in April 2021.
It seems recent updates (June 2021) change something in drbd init scripts.
Not sure which specific update causes trouble with ha-lizard, rolled back all of them for now.
Just a word of warning, be careful and test things on non-production setup first.

Ha-lizard on the XCP-NG 8.2 in 2021. Progress of my deployment 2 months 2 weeks ago #2500

Hi Marek,

I'm interested to know more.

Could you start a new thread specifically detailing your experience?

Cheers
Nathan