Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Ha-lizard on the XCP-NG 8.2 in 2021. Progress of my deployment 2 months 2 weeks ago #2519

It seems to run fine for me but would be nice with a confirmation from Salvatore Costantino, ha-cfg status and iSCSI-HA seems to replicate my drives fine between the nodes.

Running transaction
Installing : drbd84-utils-9.12.2-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64 1/1
Verifying : drbd84-utils-9.12.2-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64 1/1

Installed:
drbd84-utils.x86_64 0:9.12.2-1.el7.elrepo

Complete!
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* ha-lizard-elrepo: ftp.nluug.nl
Excluding mirror: updates.xcp-ng.org
* xcp-ng-base: mirrors.xcp-ng.org
Excluding mirror: updates.xcp-ng.org
* xcp-ng-updates: mirrors.xcp-ng.org
No package drbd84-utils-sysvinit available.

"This package contains the SysV init script to manage the DRBD when
running a legacy SysV-compatible init system.
It is not required when the init system used is systemd."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Alexander Hjelm.

Ha-lizard on the XCP-NG 8.2 in 2021. Progress of my deployment 2 months 1 week ago #2520

guys, I had a doubt. My secondary server is crashing on a dimm and I need to shut down for maintenance. VMs are not in it. What is the most appropriate sequence of commands to turn off and then on again without breaking the pool.

Ha-lizard on the XCP-NG 8.2 in 2021. Progress of my deployment 2 months 1 week ago #2521

• Salvatore Costantino
Since it is the secondary host and no VMs are running on it, it is not necessary to switch to manual mode. In your case you need to simply switch off HA as a precautionary measure.

"ha-cfg ha-disable" (from either host since it will disable HA for all hosts in the pool)

You can then safely poweroff the secondary host. The host will rejoin the pool and connect to the shared storage automatically once it is powered on again.

when done,

ha-cfg ha-enable

that's it.

Ha-lizard on the XCP-NG 8.2 in 2021. Progress of my deployment 2 months 1 week ago #2522

• Salvatore Costantino
I haven't had a chance to test this, but will get to it soon and update accordingly.