Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

drbd wfconnection and standalone condition 7 years 10 months ago #831

Before I saw your response i actually try to run through the commands to unplug and plug the uuid of the PBD. that did not work so i ended up removing the slave from the pool

while it was removed from the pool I ran
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=1M count=128 on each drive sdb and sdc

I created new meta data and reintroduced the slave to the pool
Ran the split brain senario commands and it connected

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

drbd wfconnection and standalone condition 7 years 10 months ago #834

Another round of Power Failure testing.

So with the original master and slave back in their proper roles and everything working properly. I pulled the plug on the master. HA works flawlessly, transfers primary roles to the slave and promotes it to the pool master no problems. vm's reboot on the now new master and everything is good.

So I now reboot the former master and it becomes the slave. Takes another reboot before DRBD and ISCSI will work. After the second reboot everything works with no issue.

I then proceed to take the running vm's move them to the now slave (former master). No issues. I shutdown the current master (former slave) and the original master regains control over the pool and resumes its primary roles.

I now boot up the slave to resume its original role and while It shows DRBD status of connected state with a secondary role that is up to date. I can not get the SRs to plug its PBD. I see this is the error that i see in my log:

SR_BACKEND_FAILURE_47 [ ; The SR is not available [opterr=The SR is not available [opterr=no such volume group: VG_XenStorage-5455150d-aa3e-eb5a-b650-3a52c9686a86]]; ]

Additionally I am not able to ping the 10.10.10.3 virtual IP from the slave. I can from the master.

I also tried another reboot and that did not change anything.

I did try to run the service tgtd restart command but it error reporting that some initiator are sill connected and it could not stop tgtd

drbd wfconnection and standalone condition 7 years 10 months ago #839

• Salvatore Costantino
can you try "service xapi restart" on the slave and report back results. The issue seems purely network related.

drbd wfconnection and standalone condition 7 years 10 months ago #840

command issued no change to current issue. sill seeing the same error in the log as stated above.

additional info:
I can ping the master on 10.10.10.1 from the slave and 10.10.10.2 from the master to the slave.

the master pings the 10.10.10.3 its just the slave that cannot

drbd wfconnection and standalone condition 7 years 10 months ago #846

Good morning any feedback on what steps I can take to resolve this issue? I have check iptables, DRBD status is uptodate on both. The SR's will not plug still and the slave cannot ping 10.10.10.3

drbd wfconnection and standalone condition 7 years 10 months ago #847

a shutdown on the slave and a reboot of the master and then a cold boot of the slave has cleared the problem and it is now back up and running.

Last edit: by ledge.
  • Page: