Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Installation help 7 years 1 month ago #1221

I guess I'm confused about the best way to set that up as well. I have only 2 NICs in each server so I'm not able to dedicate 2 bonded NICs to HA-Lizard. How do you normally recommend connecting the 2 servers? I was connecting them to a switch and using real IP addresses. I didn't see mention of that in the documentation so I was a bit confused about that as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Installation help 7 years 1 month ago #1222

• Salvatore Costantino
You have 2 options

If your vm traffic will use the same interface as management you can directly connect the 2 hosts via their second nic

If your vm traffic cannot use your mgt interface, you will need to use one of the 2 interaces via your switch for replication.

Last edit: by Salvatore Costantino. Reason: typos

Installation help 7 years 1 month ago #1223

I like the option of connecting the machines directly together but how do I set that up? If I just plug one network cable between both machines those NICs won't have IP addresses. Also, that would require a crossover cable, right?

Installation help 7 years 1 month ago #1224

• Salvatore Costantino
You shouldn't need a cover cable unless your hardware is very old.

Regarding the procedure. Detailed instructions are provided in our installation video and reference design

Installation help 7 years 1 month ago #1225

OK, thanks. I saw in the instructions how to bond 2 NICs and give the new one an IP address but I didn't see how to do it with just one without bonding. I'll see what I can figure out.

Installation help 7 years 1 month ago #1226

OK, got everything working finally but one last question, I hope. I set the heuristic IP to the router here on my network. When I deliver these servers to my client I'll need to change that IP to their router. Where is that data?