Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Host reboot loop 6 years 3 months ago #1460

• Rob Hall
  • Rob Hall's Avatar Topic Author
So, I managed to recover it by booting in single user mode. I upgraded both hosts, and ha-lizard is functioning normally again - but iscsi-ha is not. On the master unit, I see DRBD status as Primary/Unknown, UpToDate/Unknown.
On the Slave, DRBD status just shows the version information. No replication is happening. I attached a screenshot of iscsi-cfg status running on both boxes.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Host reboot loop 6 years 3 months ago #1461

• Rob Hall
I got it ; for some reason, I had to restart the drbd service on the slave host?

Host reboot loop 6 years 3 months ago #1462

• Rob Hall
Behavior confirmed ; if I kill the power to one of the hosts, let HA do its magic and transfer all master roles to the other host, then power the original back on, I have to manually restart the DRBD service in order to get it to participate in the ISCSI cluster and resume replication.

Host reboot loop 6 years 3 months ago #1463

• Salvatore Costantino
Is your replication link a bond?

Host reboot loop 6 years 3 months ago #1464

• Rob Hall
Negative ; in my test environment, it's a single 1Gbe link. Production will have bonded 10Gbe links with SSD storage.

Host reboot loop 6 years 3 months ago #1465

• Salvatore Costantino
Can you check your version of iscsi-ha? This issue was addressed in our latest release from August (snippet from release notes below)

Version 2.1.5 - August 2017
- Bug Fix - in XenServer 7.x deployments, systemd could start DRBD before the network is ready causing DRBD to start with no resources loaded.
- Bug fix: updated init to wait for xapi to fully initialize before starting iscsi-ha

It's looking like the root cause here is that our web site downloads are one revision behind.. Since most installations use the automated installer, most users would have received the latest version. My guess is you performed all the install steps by hand from downloading individual packages.

If my assumption is correct, please try the latest iscsi-ha version from the link below and report back your results.
halizard.org/release/iscsi-ha/

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob Hall