Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HA Lizzard, dual M2 drives and ISCSI SAN 4 years 8 months ago #1864

• Costas Pavlou
  • Costas Pavlou's Avatar Topic Author
Hi, I have a 2 node cluster using HA-Lizzard. Currently I just have one SSD in each Node. The time has come for an upgrade....
I just want to know if a particular configuration is possible.

Can I have 2x M2-SSD's in each Node, as well as an ISCSI LUN target? So three Data Stores (2x local disks, each separate stores, and 1x iscsi LUN?

Anything special I would need to do that might not be covered in the docs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HA Lizzard, dual M2 drives and ISCSI SAN 4 years 8 months ago #1865

• Salvatore Costantino
yes - this should not be a problem. The local SRs will operate as they would with any xenserver/xcp pool. HA-lizard will not do anything with them. Same with external iscsi SRs. You can add those too with no affect on the existing hyperconverged storage.

HA Lizzard, dual M2 drives and ISCSI SAN 4 years 8 months ago #1866

• Costas Pavlou
Thank you for the confirmation Salvatore!
I will have the new disks added soon and will see the steps needed to use ha-lizzard to synchronize them.
Rgds
Costas

HA Lizzard, dual M2 drives and ISCSI SAN 4 years 6 months ago #1893

• Costas Pavlou
Hi Salvatore
I dont think I explained correctly. I have added the extra drives as local storage, so each server has now got 2x additional M2 disks. I dont want to keep these as local storage, I want to add these as converged storage using no-san ha-lizzard. The original drive in each server is already converged using ha-lizzatd no-san. So these will be additional repositories...how do I add them in? Ive had a look through the docs and forum but cant find much detail...do I just rerun the ha-lizzard no-san setup again choosing the new drives? Will this add them in and still keep the previously setup converged drives?

Any help much appreciated!
Tx

HA Lizzard, dual M2 drives and ISCSI SAN 4 years 6 months ago #1894

• Costas Pavlou
So I tried running the installer again after adding the new drives, ./halizard_nosan_installer_2_1_4.
since i already have my primary disks converged and connected in the cluster with LUN10, when I re-run the install script I have used LUN11, everything progresses without error, the install sees the new disks, unplugs them and adds them as converged storage. However, now when I go to the Xencenter and attempt to add the new SR into the cluster, when I scan the ISCSI host it comes back with the original LUN10 saying it's already connected....it's not seeing the new LUN11..

Also each time I make a mistake I'm having to rebuild both these hosts, is there a way to clean uninstall ha-lizard? I can remove the drbd package but yum -list does not show that there is an ha-lizard package installed...

HA Lizzard, dual M2 drives and ISCSI SAN 4 years 6 months ago #1896

• Salvatore Costantino
Hi Costas,
You can add any number of storage devices to the cluster. Each would be managed as an independent iscsi storage LUN.

See this post which has a link to detailed configuration changes that are required.
www.halizard.com/forum/software-support/312-multiple-srs

In sum:
- the installer should never be run on top of an already configured system as it will destroy DRBD and LVM metadata. It is intended for a brand new installation only.
- If you want to add additional storage to a running system, it needs to be done manually by modifying iscsi-ha.conf, drbd.conf, lvm.conf and targets.conf. The above link has detailed instructions on how to handle each of the affected configuration files.

• Page: