Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC:

How to get mail work? 4 years 5 months ago #1926

• fow0ryl
  • fow0ryl's Avatar Topic Author
Hello,
just installed with rpm -i ...But nothing changed.

To make my hardware clear.
For bonding I'm using a network card with 4 * 1GB Ports. All 4 ports are connected.
Cable are checked ok.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How to get mail work? 4 years 5 months ago #1927

• Salvatore Costantino
can you search user.log for the following string (for the time when the test was conducted)

"restore_replication_link: Bond mode"

and if you find it, send me about 50 lines before and after it.

you may have to gunzip an older user.log, but you should have several days worth.

How to get mail work? 4 years 5 months ago #1932

• fow0ryl
Hello,
sorry for the late reply. But I had to revert back to the old XenServer installation.
Today I have build the "productive" System-Disks into my test-environment (very similar machines).
As in the productive environment the bond network did start everytime if there is only one cable connected. With 2 cables connected sometimes, with more then 2 cables never.
The main screen looks somewat strange if the bond didn't come up. But thats okay for now.
It seems that there is no difference if I'm using iscsi-ha-2.2.2-1 or the previous version (with networktools installed).

The master was startet today at 19:27, the slave after the master was up.
I have added logs of master and slave with all entry's after 19:27. Hope thats not too much

File Attachment:

File Name: user.log.tgz
File Size:99 KB

Henning
Attachments:

Last edit: by fow0ryl.

How to get mail work? 4 years 5 months ago #1933

• Salvatore Costantino
thanks for providing the user.log.
I found a bug that would only have affected a bond with more than 2 interfaces. Our dev environment uses a 2 interface bond, so we didn't see it in testing.

I will try to package a version with the fix tomorrow for you to try.

regarding the screenshot. That is default DRBD behavior which makes a mess of the terminal while trying to connect. The default drbd init script will sit there forever waiting for the peer to connect.

How to get mail work? 4 years 5 months ago #1934

• fow0ryl
Thank you, for your very quick investigation.

There is another question.
In my old iscsi-ha.conf there was a parm "MAIL_USE_SHARED_PARAMS=1"
After installing the latest version with "rpm -U ..." the parm is gone. Do I have to set the "MAIL*" parms twice?

How to get mail work? 4 years 5 months ago #1935

• Salvatore Costantino
The rpm installer should have added that. Not sure why it is missing. I will look into it.

Regarding the parameter itself, it is a convenience parameter, which when set to 1, will use the email configuration from ha-lizard so that you don't have to configure mail params twice. Also, this has the added benefit of storing the params in the xapi db, so you never have to set them again. Also if changes are necessary, you would use the cli to change one time with all changes propagating to all pool members.

Simplest thing to do is to manually add that line into your config and then issue a 'iscsi-ha backup'

Last edit: by Salvatore Costantino.