Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2 different storage pools 8 years 5 months ago #582

• CadilLACi
  • CadilLACi's Avatar Topic Author
Hi!

Using the noSAN installer, I have successfully installed Halizard on my 2 node test-cluster. The installer was straightforward and helpful! THX! Had some errors with thin-provisioning enabled, abut without it, install worked like a charm.

My question relates to that after a successful test, I will have to implement the same on a production enviroment, where I will have 2 different storage types.

I will have 400GB NVME SSD storage, and 40TB 7,2K HDD storage. I would like to add both to DRBD/iSCSI, but I thought that I would add only the SSD storage as a storage pool to XENserver, and I would like to keep the HDD storage as iSCSI disks that I could add to the VM-s I have on a PER need basis.

Like for example i could have the 8-20 GB system disk and database space of the VM on the SSD-s and mount a multi TB disk as iSCSI for multimedia data. Getting free of the 2TB VD limit of xenserver.

Is this the right direction to go? How could I implement this?

Thx

CAdilLACi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 different storage pools 8 years 5 months ago #583

• Salvatore Costantino
What you are describing should work fine. Assuming you will not deviate from the recommended setup for the replication links (directly attached between the servers), you will need to give the VMs a NIC bound to the replication network so that they can see the iscsi target.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: