Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

additional connect hardware SAN Storage 8 years 5 months ago #584

I tested the Xen cluster configuration of two nodes
and installed HA-LIZARD NOSAN INSTALLER, it works well in most cases.

How the cluster system will work if additional connect hardware SAN Storage,
will high availability and live migration of virtual machines work with this SAN?

Do I need to enable HA in Xen center?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

additional connect hardware SAN Storage 8 years 5 months ago #585

• Salvatore Costantino
Technically speaking, connecting additional machines to the SAN storage will work, however, you should avoid doing that as it requires that you pass the replication interfaces through a switch. The noSAN cluster is specifically designed to deal with 2 hosts only. If more hosts are needed, you should consider a traditional approach with a SAN and several hosts to run your VMs.

Regarding your question about whether you should enable HA in XenCenter; you should not enable HA in xenserver since HA-Lizard is already providing HA. In the event that you do enable Xenserver HA, HA-Lizard will automatically disable itself resulting in unpredictable HA in a 2 node environment.

additional connect hardware SAN Storage 8 years 5 months ago #586

I didn't get it: I have pool of 2 xen server nodes and Halizard on them, installed from noSAN installer, then Halizard HA is working.
If I connect same nodes to SAN storage using other interfaces (not drbd replication), will HA Halizard work with new SR (SAN Storage)? So I'm not connecting additional machines to the SAN storage, I connecting only the same nodes.

additional connect hardware SAN Storage 8 years 5 months ago #587

• Salvatore Costantino
Yes - HA-Lizard will still provide HA if you connect the pool to an external SAN storage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrey

• Page: