Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HALIZARD NO SAN + HA NAS 8 years 5 months ago #613

Hello, i am new to xenserver but as i love open source i am builidng lab environment to then build production environment. I have 2 node pool cluster and have had problems with xenserver HA in 6.5 as switch went down and created HAVOC in the environment. I have to dell server and 2 nas boxes which are connected in HA between themselves. I had the xenserver HA heartbeat with an ISCSI storage on these nas boxes. The question is, can i use the no san installer to have a local iscsi target for HA heartbeat and the virtual machines run on another iscsi lun as locally i have only 250gb of local disk and these nas boxes have way more TB in size. How would i go with this situation? Would i still bond nic 3+4 and connect them directly between themselves with patch cord and use eth 0 for management and eth1 for VMS? Thanks, regards and i will donate if this works as opensource is the future, thanks guys!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HALIZARD NO SAN + HA NAS 8 years 5 months ago #614

• Salvatore Costantino
You should avoid using XenServer HA in a 2-node pool as it will not provide predictable failover.

HA-Lizard will provide you with HA in a 2 node pool. Since you are using an external SAN you do not need to install with the noSAN installer (which installs/configures HA-Lizard + iSCSI-HA). You should install ONLY HA-Lizard which does not require storage heartbeat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: