Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Speed issues on 10G sync 8 years 1 month ago #710

Hi,
Do I need to make an adjustment to any of the files?
I am testing the sync on two 10G ports and it is slow.
I am syncing 14T raid 10. It looks like it will take days to do so.
Then I disconnected a management network from one of the nodes and the sync stopped. Is this expected? How will I restart that?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speed issues on 10G sync 8 years 1 month ago #711

• Salvatore Costantino
The management interface being disconnected should not affect the sync. Is it possible that the management link IPs are being used for the replication IPs?

Regardless, to speed up the initial sync, you can tweak the syncer rate in /etc/drbd.conf

Depending on your disk speed, you may not see a significant improvement on 10Gbps vs 1Gbps Ethernet. At 10gig your disks will be the bottleneck

Speed issues on 10G sync 8 years 1 month ago #712

Thank you.
How would I verify what interface is used for replication?
I have 16 drives in raid 10 so my speed is under 2G. Would that be correct? Would then be better to use 1 x 10G interface for replication and the other for data ? Would the installation script still work?

Any recommendation on what changes can be made to the drbd configuration?

Speed issues on 10G sync 8 years 1 month ago #713

• Salvatore Costantino
You can check the settings in /etc/drbd.conf to see which interface is being used for replication. You can also check what was passed into the installer by checking /etc/iscsi-ha/iscsi-ha.conf.

Our reference design (the installer performs ALL the steps in our design) uses a dedicated interface for replication. We recommend that this be a bonded Ethernet link for redundancy (not speed).

If your host does not have enough available ports for bonding, then 1 interface will work. Do not share the management interface with replication. They should be completely separate. Also, the replication link should ideally be a cable which directly connects the hosts (no switch in between)

Speed issues on 10G sync 8 years 1 month ago #715

Thank you.

• Page: