Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Single node randomly going unresponsive 8 years 1 month ago #725

• Salvatore Costantino
if you are planning on using our installer script, make sure to make the changes noted earlier in this post.

The better way is to rebuild by hand. The reference design documents lists each step in detail. The process is fairly simple and should just take a few minutes either way. Just be careful when syncing your data for the first time to ensure you get the direction right. Maybe also take a look at the DRBD documentation so you can understand what the sync command is doing and in which direction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Single node randomly going unresponsive 8 years 1 month ago #727

• Matt Low
  • Matt Low's Avatar Topic Author
All went well - I ended up using the noSAN installer after taking a quick skim through its code. It was definitely faster than doing it manually :)

The problem-node is back in the pool as the master and primary storage with no signs of the previous issue so far..

I have had a couple of issues but there are workarounds to them.. funny things happening with the bond interface. Namely that, XenCenter will say bond is up and that both servers are fine, but neither server can ping the other over the bond until I issue a "ifconfig bond0 down" followed be re-enabling it on either server.

Also, one thing I noticed I had to be careful of was when switching primary/secondary storage roles. After switching roles, the new primary would be able to ping the floating replication IP... for a few seconds before stopping. Then I'd run "iscsi-cfg become-primary" a second time to get it to work. (This is after entering iscsi-cfg manual-mode-enable on both hosts)

I'll get back to you if I have any other issues that could be possible bugs with HA-lizard. (with more details)

Thank you for the support!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: