Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

CloudStack + Xenserver + HA-Lizard On 2 NICs 7 years 4 months ago #1054

Hi,

I've been looking for something like HA-Lizard for months and I must say you guys rock!!

Currently, I have 2 Xenservers that I want to uses as hosts for a CloudStack install. Of course, I want to use the storage on those hosts as primary storage in CloudStack (2 TB per host).

My issue is that I only have 2 NICs per server and HA-Lizard requires those 2 NICs (my webhost will not add any more).

CloudStack can use one NIC (or bonded NICs) for all traffic (management, public, storage, etc.) So my question for HA-Lizard is, must the 2 bonded NICs required for the setup be dedicated specifically to the storage network or can they be used to send other type of traffic?

Ideally, separating the networks would be best but my webhost pricing is unbeatable. Otherwise, I would need to find a webhost that offers 4 NICs, which most likely would be more expensive, which would amount to the same as keeping the current host and adding storage separately, in which case I wouldn't need HA-Lizard (I know, it's crazy)

Any input on this would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CloudStack + Xenserver + HA-Lizard On 2 NICs 7 years 4 months ago #1055

• Salvatore Costantino
The additional NICs are not mandatory. That is what we suggest in our reference design. Having a dedicated bond between hosts is ideal since VM and management traffic is not affected and there would be no points of failure between the hosts (like a switch).

The minimum needed to make the cluster work is a management interface and storage interface. There is nothing in the logic to prevent it from working if the storage interface is shared.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan

CloudStack + Xenserver + HA-Lizard On 2 NICs 7 years 4 months ago #1056

What is the webhost?

Thanks

CloudStack + Xenserver + HA-Lizard On 2 NICs 7 years 4 months ago #1057

PM me

CloudStack + Xenserver + HA-Lizard On 2 NICs 7 years 4 months ago #1058

I've tried following the documentation but I am stuck the tar command. I've tried every tar command I could think of, just can't extract this thing (the nosan installer). I'm probably missing something silly.

Help!!

CloudStack + Xenserver + HA-Lizard On 2 NICs 7 years 4 months ago #1059

• Salvatore Costantino
The nosan installer is a native text file (shell script)

Just download it to a convenient place like /tmp and then

- make executable
chmod +x filename

- execute
./filename

(replace filename with the file name of the script)