Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: XenServer 7.1 Support

XenServer 7.1 Support 9 months 3 weeks ago #1234

Hi,

I am about to start building a new 2 node No-SAN enviornment.

However, XenServer 7.1 has now been released including live patching, which would be extremly useful to me.

Do you have a timescale for XenServer 7.1 support? I realise this has just come out, but need to guage if I want until HA-Lizard supports XenServer 7.1 or I just carry on with XenServer 7.0

Thanks for your assistance as always,

Adam
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Low

XenServer 7.1 Support 9 months 3 weeks ago #1235

Hi Adam
We won't get to validating against 7.1 for at least 2 weeks. Chances are that our current release will work, but cannot tell for sure until we run through a battery of tests. In the meantime, if you can test against 7.1 and report any issues it would be appreciated.

XenServer 7.1 Support 9 months 3 weeks ago #1236

Salvatore Costantino wrote:
Hi Adam
We won't get to validating against 7.1 for at least 2 weeks. Chances are that our current release will work, but cannot tell for sure until we run through a battery of tests. In the meantime, if you can test against 7.1 and report any issues it would be appreciated.

I will try and get 7.1 installed using the latest noSAN installer. I will do clean installs of XenServer 7.1 on 2 x HP DL380 G7 servers and see how it goes.

Will report back results. I'd like to wait for official XenServer 7.1 support before I put this into production due to XenServer 7.1 long term service release status

Regards,

Adam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Salvatore Costantino, Matt Low

XenServer 7.1 Support 9 months 2 days ago #1268

Hi,

I have begun testing. Environment:

2 x HP DL380 G7 Servers
Used the latest NOSAN installer for XenServer 7

1st test:
VM running on slave. HA Turned ON.
From command line on slave, issue "reboot" command. VM shuts down and restarts on Master.
HOWEVER: Slave server them gets locked into a continuous reboot cycle; it loads Xen, you see the XenServer console and then it reboots again...

Any logs I can get to help?

Regards,

Adam

XenServer 7.1 Support 9 months 2 days ago #1269

Adam Ward wrote:
Hi,

I have begun testing. Environment:

2 x HP DL380 G7 Servers
Used the latest NOSAN installer for XenServer 7

1st test:
VM running on slave. HA Turned ON.
From command line on slave, issue "reboot" command. VM shuts down and restarts on Master.
HOWEVER: Slave server them gets locked into a continuous reboot cycle; it loads Xen, you see the XenServer console and then it reboots again...

Any logs I can get to help?

Regards,

Adam

Hi,

I've rebooted the Master server, and this is now stuck in a reboot loop too...

Regards,

Adam

XenServer 7.1 Support 9 months 21 hours ago #1270

Adam
We won't have a test environment to test against till next week . In the meantime, you can try preventing all services from starting at boot time. If the reboots persist, then the issue is likely outside of halizard.

Try 'chkconfig <service name> off' for the following services

ha-lizard
ha-lizard-watchdog
iscsi-ha
iscsi-ha-watchdog
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds