Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: two drives for local storage per host

two drives for local storage per host 3 months 3 weeks ago #1592

Hello all,

I had a cluster working well until yesterday, since it's still in our test environment and I wanted to add additional storage I figured I'd just rebuild it. Up until yesterday the two hosts were running with 1x 200gb SSD's.
Today after rebuilding them and adding an additional 500gb SSD to each host, I now receive an error when running through the ha-lizard install, at the point when it destroys and remove the storage from view on xencenter, I get this on the console...

"Local Storage SR UUID discovered = fbc7ece3-b70d-ef37-969c-72215127d640
Local Storage PBD UUID discovered = d57cc7ae-dc3b-a334-3ce9-e7ae56383fa5

Press Enter to Continue

Unplugging PBD d57cc7ae-dc3b-a334-3ce9-e7ae56383fa5
Destroying PBD d57cc7ae-dc3b-a334-3ce9-e7ae56383fa5
Removing Storage fbc7ece3-b70d-ef37-969c-72215127d640
Local storage repository has been successfully removed
readlink: missing operand
Try 'readlink --help' for more information.
Block device not specified! Exiting..
"

running 7.2 with 213, working before I tore it down and added the second drives....which are identical.

Any help much appreciated, thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

two drives for local storage per host 3 months 3 weeks ago #1593

I'm guessing that when you freshly installed xenserver, you chose both drives to be used as local storage. In this case xenserver would have created a volume group that spans both drives. When the ha-lizard script removes the local storage, it expects 1 free drive after removing the local SR. In this case it would have 2 returned which causes the error.

So, if you want to used both drives in the ha-lizard pool, you should select only 1 of the 2 when installing xenserver and go through the entire install. Once done, you can add the second drive by tweaking the iscsi-ha, tgt and drbd configuration files. There are some posts with the required changes on this forum.

two drives for local storage per host 3 months 3 weeks ago #1595

This thread discusses adding a second sr

halizard.com/forum/general-discussion/20...e-iscsi?limitstart=0
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds