Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Emails/Alerts and Reboots 5 years 4 months ago #1757

Two issues (I hate when my clients do that to me though!) First, I guess the latest version of HAL both sends emails and messages show up in XCP-ng Center Notifications. Can that be adjusted anywhere? I'd rather not get them in both places.

More importantly, my servers have simultaneously rebooted themselves 3 times since the upgrade, all around 4:30-5:00 am. It's possible I'm having a UPS problem but given the occasional alerts I'm getting with minor issues I suspect something is going wrong and they're fencing. I'm just not sure how to figure out what is happening right before they reboot. Can you point me to a log file I should look at?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Emails/Alerts and Reboots 5 years 4 months ago #1758

• Salvatore Costantino
regarding alerts, execute the following on either of the 2 hosts and alerts will no longer appear in xencenter
ha-cfg set enable_alerts 0

Regarding the reboots, if you are indeed having a power problem and HA is enabled, that would trigger a fencing/HA event on the surviving host (assuming there is a survivor). If this were the case, you would see a number of alerts informing you of an HA event.

If this is not the case, the best place to start is by looking at the user.log for events just before the reboot. You can get there by subtracting the uptime from the current time to get you into the log file in the vicinity of the event..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: