Forum

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /homepages/13/d467848118/htdocs/templates/cleanout/vertex/responsive/responsive_mobile_menu.php on line 158
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

XCP-NG 7.6 HA Lizard Install Problem NO scsi-target-utils Installed 5 years 3 months ago #1773

HI All trying to install version halizard_nosan_installer_2_1_4 in XCP-NG 7.6 script runs and completes apart installer fails to install scsi-target-utils first time i get errors below second run get no reported errors just completes I am presuming i should have start script in /etc/initd.d/tgtd to start and stop iscsi target ? iscsi-cfg reports iscsi target stopped on primary? . Both servers are live and have network connection if i am wrong in my thoughts how do i restart iscsi target on primary so can connect??

errors:
mirror.sax.uk.as61049.net/epel/7/x86_64/...8-primary.sqlite.bz2: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found
Trying other mirror.
To address this issue please refer to the below knowledge base article

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

XCP-NG 7.6 HA Lizard Install Problem NO scsi-target-utils Installed 5 years 3 months ago #1774

Quick update iscsi target running but still cant login to target on IP set ? can anyone point me in the right direction where to look as i can ping Virtual IP drbd is syncing and iscsi target running but still can not add new storage via xencentre just cant connect ??

many thanks

Last edit: by Darren.

XCP-NG 7.6 HA Lizard Install Problem NO scsi-target-utils Installed 5 years 3 months ago #1775

• Salvatore Costantino
Your initial problem was due to network or repo not being available. Seems you got past that OK.

Regarding starting of the iscsi-target. The installer will disable the target and drbd from auto starting. iscsi-ha is then responsible for starting the services as needed. This is important since the iscsi-tartget only gets started on one host only.

If you are able to ping the floating IP from the master, you should be able to create the new SW. Have you followed the steps in the youtube video for creating the iscsi SR?

XCP-NG 7.6 HA Lizard Install Problem NO scsi-target-utils Installed 5 years 3 months ago #1777

HI,
This is the guide I followed but as of yet still can not connect to any targets even though iscsi-cfg status is running ? I can ping virtual IP from any where on my storage network. Funny thing is i still dont think tgt is getting installed via no san installer because i have fully uninstalled ha-lizard via guide on this forum whe i run yum remove drdb yum uninstalls it but when I run yum remove tgt yum reported not installed ?

I have now prepared both xen1 & and xen2 all files and packages have been deleted ready for another try of installing HA-Lizard:
prepared /dev/sdb parted mklabel gpt && mkpart primary 2048s 100% disk is ready /dev/sdb1 have no VGs for vm storage is this where i am going wrong should i be using LVM ? I did not think it mattered for DRBD. Fuuny think i did see some errors related to WARNING: Failed to connect to lvmetad. Falling back to internal scanning not sure why I think this xcp-ng 7.6 related

I have no local storage on xen1 & xen2 they both use nfs from our zfsnas which we only have one here go figure so we really need to get HA-Lizard running for HA storage if our zfsnas goes down we dead in the water I asked for another zfsnas boss says trying to save money on power bill said he will once business gets better we are very small hosting company just started really so not many clients yet.

Help would be great regards

Update: da da tgt = scsi-target-utils.x86_64 ? it was installed don't I feel silly not doing my home work

XCP-NG 7.6 HA Lizard Install Problem NO scsi-target-utils Installed 5 years 3 months ago #1778

HI All,

Quick update now all running for anyone facing the same problem well not a problem really just very big oversight on my behalf where I’ve tried to install multiple times setting virtual IPs I did not use the same IP I selected to use different ones every time which was all listed under xapi2 bridge I could see all previous virtual IPs set from previous installs.

Simple solution was to move all virtual machines to xen1 put xen2 into maintenance mode reboot server repeated the same step for xen1 moved all virtual machines to xen2 put xen1 into maintenance mode and rebooted server.

Then reinstalled HA-Lizard as per guide from forum install completed successfully opened Xen-Centre add new iSCSI storage all connected running perfectly.

Big thank you to HA-Lizard for creating the software and allowing us all to use for free as we all well know that has saved us all load of money. THANK YOU

Regards

XCP-NG 7.6 HA Lizard Install Problem NO scsi-target-utils Installed 5 years 3 months ago #1779

• Salvatore Costantino
Glad you got it working. Thanks for posting an update so that others can benefit.

• Page: