Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

iSCSI drive gone 7 years 1 month ago #1229

I set up 2 new XenServer 7 servers in my office, got everything working great. Then I delivered them to the client and everything went wrong. I'm not even sure where to start. I had some networking issues since the client is on a different IP scheme but I got that worked out and both servers are showing up in XenCenter. But the iSCSI drive is gone. I've tried rebooting the master and slave to make sure everything has a chance to come up correctly but no dice.

iscsi-cfg status on the Master shows:
| iSCSI-HA Version IHA_2.1.4_29881 |
| Fri Feb 24 15:46:01 EST 2017 |

| iSCSI-HA Status: Running 2259 |
| Last Updated: Fri Feb 24 15:45:55 EST 2017 |
| HOST ROLE: MASTER |
Control + C to exit

| DRBD Status |

| version: 8.4.3 (api:1/proto:86-101) |
| srcversion: FB3AC7056350AC64629E395 |

On the slave it shows:
| 1: cs:WFConnection ro:Secondary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/DUnknown C r
|
| ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0 ep:1 wo:f oos:0 |

| iSCSI-HA Version IHA_2.1.4_29881 |
| Fri Feb 24 15:46:40 EST 2017 |

| iSCSI-HA Status: Running 2240 |
| Last Updated: Fri Feb 24 15:46:34 EST 2017 |
| HOST ROLE: SLAVE |
| VIRTUAL IP: 10.10.10.3 is not local |
| ISCSI TARGET: Stopped [expected stopped] |
| DRBD ROLE: iscsi1=Secondary |
| DRBD CONNECTION: iscsi1 in WFConnection state |
Control + C to exit

| DRBD Status |

| 1: cs:WFConnection ro:Secondary/Unknown ds:UpToDate/DUnknown C r
|
| ns:0 nr:0 dw:0 dr:0 al:0 bm:0 lo:0 pe:0 ua:0 ap:0 ep:1 wo:f oos:0 |

I can ping 10.10.10.3 but the drive is not there. XenCenter confirms that the drive cannot be connected to by either server.

Suggestions to troubleshoot, please? Am I completely screwed here or is there a way to recover the drive?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Bill.

iSCSI drive gone 7 years 1 month ago #1230

A little update: I put each host into manual mode and swapped primary and secondary. I was then able to connect to the iSCSI drive. I swapped them back and went out of manual mode and I'm back where I was in my first post. So how do I recover from this?

iSCSI drive gone 7 years 1 month ago #1231

(Oops, I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum. Can the moderator move it please?)

iSCSI drive gone 7 years 1 month ago #1232

Made some more progress. This is probably going to all be obvious to someone who knows what they're doing.

When reconfiguring the network for the client I'm not exactly sure what went wrong when, but I noticed there were capitals in one of the server hostnames and no caps in the other, but the drbd.conf file had caps. I edited /etc/drdb.conf on both machines to reflect the correct hostname, then drbd started running.

At that point my master drbd was running Standalone and the slave was in WFConnection. I ran the split brain tool /etc/iscsi-ha/scripts/drbd-sb-tool and recovered my master. Now iscsi-ha status looks correct on both machines and drbd says it's in sync!

But my final problem is that my iSCSI drive is still unplugged. Repairing it fails. I tried adding a new iSCSI drive at 10.10.10.3 and it finds it but there are no LUNs. So I'm not quite back yet. Hoping someone will see this and help me get over this last hump soon.

iSCSI drive gone 7 years 1 month ago #1233

And... just to complete the journey, I realized I was seeing some of the same issues as here: www.halizard.com/forum/software-support/...i-sr-after-power-cut

I was able to "service iscsi-ha restart" and everything is back working again.

Well, that was a rough day but at least I understand this system a whole lot better now.

• Page: