Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Host Failure scenario 6 years 1 month ago #1555

• Ethan Scott
  • Ethan Scott's Avatar Topic Author
Hello all,

Currently i am reviewing HA-Lizard for my HA virtualization needs. At first I had quite a bit of trouble getting this all to work, but with some perseverance I was able to test most scenarios I could think of and recover from them with no hassle.

Right now I am on my last test scenario, Full host failure. I am able to shut down my master server have the slave take over. The HA works great. I have reformatted my old master server and managed to connect the now new slave to my pool. I have recreated my bonds and ran through the no-san installer. However as far as i can tell DRBD is not setup properly anymore.

My question is: What is the best way to recover from a failed host?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ethan Scott.

Host Failure scenario 6 years 1 month ago #1556

• Salvatore Costantino
The steps you described in your recovery scenario should work with the exception of one final step which instructs the master to overwrite the storage of the newly introduced slave. It is simple to do, but dangerous as you could wipe your data if you sync in the wrong direction by accident.

Below is the full command that should be run on the host that contains the data, the master in your case.

drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary iscsi1

Host Failure scenario 6 years 1 month ago #1557

• Ethan Scott
Salvatore,

Your advice worked like a charm. That command was the missing piece of the puzzle for me.

Thank You

Host Failure scenario 6 years 1 month ago #1569

Hi Ethan,

I come here because of my post ( Link ).

I just want to ask you if after attaching the new formatted node to the pool, did you follow the "halizard_nosan_installer" script till the end? Or did you setup the new node by hand?

Thanks.

Host Failure scenario 6 years 1 month ago #1570

• Ethan Scott
Daniel,

I followed the installation script all the way through. Sometimes the script will error out trying to download components are whatever, I don't remember the specific issues were, but the best solution I have found if problems occur when going through the setup script is to just start over. And the command that Was provided by Salvatore was truly the missing piece.

Host Failure scenario 5 years 9 months ago #1613

Hello, how did you get it all the work? I have Xen 7.4 and I wanted also HW failure test. I've already installed HA-LIZARD NOSAN and get it work, but after turning master off, HA is destroyed. I followed the video. Did you have to make HA working? But on version 7.4 you need at least trial version. Citrix need some licence server with this trial code OMG!

• Page: