Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Host Failure scenario 5 years 9 months ago #1614

• Ethan Scott
  • Ethan Scott's Avatar Topic Author
Jiri, My Testing scenarios were performed on Xenserver 7.1 so my methods and results will likely vary from your own experiences. However, with that said there is likely a failure in your setup process. Im going to run through my checks and it would likely allow Salvatore to help you out without doing some of the more tedious steps, but at this point i would would recommend wiping your machines completely and retrying the setup.

After I setup a cluster I run two commands. The first being "ha-cfg status" if this returns with disabled change it to enabled.

The next command I run is "watch cat /proc/drbd" This will allow you to see (in lamens terms) the status of the replication of your two systems what i look for is the portion that says ds:UpToDate/UpToDate. If it says anything else your machines are not mirrored. Let me know after you have tried a couple of these out maybe we can narrow down your problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Host Failure scenario 5 years 9 months ago #1616

• Salvatore Costantino
Jiri,
You won't need a license from Citrix for the HA to work.

The Citrix XenServer native HA does not support 2 node pools. The software you installed (HA-Lizard and its components) provides a complete HA stack which is roughly equivalent to the licensed HA from Citrix, except, it is designed to work with 2 node pools.

Just type "ha-cfg status" - you will be prompted to enable it
OR
"ha-cfg ha-enable"

Either of these will enable HA with basic functionality. You should read the documentation or "ha-cfg help" for details on all the configuration parameters available for more advanced options.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiri Ledvinka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: