Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

disk errors on top of 2 dell r740 4 years 8 months ago #1852

• Tiago Marques
  • Tiago Marques's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,

I tried installing ha-lizard on top of 2 dell r740 (brand new) running xcp-ng 7.6, and I get this errors:
"HA-Lizard - Core","[18] Disk errors detected [Found device /dev/sda","xcp-ha","Jul 20, 2019 6:00 PM",""

"HA-Lizard Storage Controller Notice","DRBD Resource: [iscsi1] in [SyncTarget] state - expected Connected state","xcp-ha","Jul 20, 2019 5:32 PM",""

This happens every 1/2 and hour, so it is some sort of cronjob that is running.
Previously I tried on 2 old dell r900 and had the same errors, at the time I thought the culprint to be the old perc6i storage controllers, but now I think it's something with either xcp or halizard.

I've tried googling for similar problems with no luck.

Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction?

EDIT: Could a mod please move this to the software support subforum? Sorry for my mistake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tiago Marques.

disk errors on top of 2 dell r740 4 years 8 months ago #1853

• Salvatore Costantino
The 2 warnings are not related to each other.

The disk error id triggered by a disk health check performed every hour or so. if you are confident that the underlying disks are ok, you can disable this. I don't know the command of hand. You can try "ha-cfg --help" to get a list of configuration options which should include disabling of the disk health check.

The second warning about synctarget and expected connected is due to the slave initial sync of the storage going on. Between the 2 host. Once the initial sync has completed, that will go away. This one is perfectly normal

disk errors on top of 2 dell r740 4 years 8 months ago #1854

• Tiago Marques
  • Tiago Marques's Avatar Topic Author
Thank you so much Salvatore, the sync is completed and the error messages went away (even the disk error ones).

• Page: