Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.

TOPIC:

Can't get HA-cfg in HA on both nodes 3 years 9 months ago #2054

• Hans Hoeksma
  • Hans Hoeksma's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,
Last week, we had to replace the network card in one of our XenServers 7.6
After restarting the repaired machine, we had problems to get the Storage repository from HA-Lizard working.
We finally had to adjust the iscsi config, to match up with the new network card.
Since then, we are not able to set the ha-cfg in HA mode. I can do it on the master, but the other node will stay as HA disabled.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?
Your help on this is appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can't get HA-cfg in HA on both nodes 3 years 9 months ago #2055

• Salvatore Costantino
The master UUID is not the same in the 2 screen snippets. The master and the slave hosts must have the same UUID in the output of "ha-cfg status"

Looks like the slave has a different master configured. Maybe something happened to the config when the NIC was replaced.

If you can confirm the master UUID, you can change it (by changing the master IP address) on the slave host by editing /etc/xensource/pool.conf on the slave and then restart the toolstack on the slave.

Can't get HA-cfg in HA on both nodes 3 years 9 months ago #2056

• Hans Hoeksma
Hi Salvatore,
If I look to the slave, it has the correct IP of the master in the pool.conf file.
So I should change it again to something else first and then to the original one again?

Can't get HA-cfg in HA on both nodes 3 years 9 months ago #2057

• Hans Hoeksma
Hi Salvatore,
Thanks for your prompt reply btw.
One thing I noticed, the Master UUID, om the Pool master, is pointing to the Host UUID of the Slave,
Can I manually set the Master UUID on the slave to the correct UUID which is equal to the one of the Pool master?

Can't get HA-cfg in HA on both nodes 3 years 9 months ago #2058

• Salvatore Costantino
In a correctly working system the Pool UUID and Master UUID must match in the output of "ha-cfg status"

I would not recommend changing the slave's /etc/xensource/pool.conf, especially since it is set correctly already.

restarting the toolstack on both hosts may be a good first step (and safe).

First, in the host that you want to be master, check /etc/xensource/pool.conf to ensure that only the string "master" is in the file (no newline, just the string). If you see slave:<ipaddress>, then it would appear that both hosts are set to slave, but that does not entirely make sense. Regardless, once the file has been confirmed (or edited/corrected), try "xe-toolstack-restart" on the master. After that has completed, run "xe-toolstack-restart" on the slave.

Can't get HA-cfg in HA on both nodes 3 years 9 months ago #2059

• Hans Hoeksma
Hi Salvatore,
The master has only "master" in the pool.conf and the slave has slave:<ip address> so I had checked this again and is OK.
I restarted both toolstacks (first the master and then the slave) but still the master UUID's are different.

Isn't it easier to set the Master UUID on the slave and reboot the system?
Is that possible?