Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Upgrading XCP from 8.2.0 to 8.2.1, missed a step, broke everything 1 year 9 months ago #2684

Hey there,

Today we updated XCP from 8.2.0 to 8.2.1, but we failed to run "iscsi-cfg backup" beforehand.
The iscsi repository won't connect, so we can turn on any VMs. iscsi-cfg and ha-cfg weren't installed after the upgrade. But we have since manually installed them.
Is there any way to recover from this, or do we just need to start from scratch?
(it seems like drbd is still configured, because the local storage doesn't show up in xcp-ng center)

Thanks.

EDIT: looks like I put this in the completely wrong location on the forum (not sure how I missed that) Mods please feel free to move it to the appropriate location.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Carl.

Upgrading XCP from 8.2.0 to 8.2.1, missed a step, broke everything 1 year 9 months ago #2685

• Salvatore Costantino
The "iscsi-cfg backup" command stores all of the config files in the XAPI database. Namely, iscsi-ha, drbd, LVM and tgt. If you have ever performed a backup in the past, all the data will still be in the pool database and is still recoverable with a "iscsi-cfg restore". If not, you will unfortunately need configure all of affected files by hand.

Alternatively, if you have not yet upgraded both hosts, you can still perform the backup on the non-upgraded host which will insert all of the required data into the XAPI DB, making it possible to then perform a restore from the upgraded host.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: