Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the optional category header for the Suggestion Box.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fresh new install iscsi DRDB error: inconsistent disk state 1 year 5 months ago #2808

• Giorgio Catena
  • Giorgio Catena's Avatar Topic Author
Hi,
following the instructions I did installa fresh 2 node cluster (XCP-ng 8.2.1) on which I deployed the NOSAN script to share the RAID1 /dev/sdb logical disk.
Everything seems fine but I'm receiving lots of error on XCP-ng Center that says:
DRDB Resource: iscsi1 in [UpToDate/Inconsistent] disk state - expected [UpToDate/UpToDate].
I confirm I tried both the 10 GB bond (Active/active and Active/Passive) with no change on these messages that keeps raising up.
I tried then to reboot the slave node and the machine reattached the shared disk with no errors, same thing rebooting the master (with the shutdown command I will simulate a hard reset soon). Could you please tell me if these drdb messages could be ignored or not? The disks are 2 15KSAS with a HP cached raid card and actually there is no VM activity on them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fresh new install iscsi DRDB error: inconsistent disk state 1 year 5 months ago #2809

• Salvatore Costantino
Hi Giorgio,
That state is normal while DRBD is in the process of performing it's initial full sync. Depending on the size and speed of your storage, this can take several hours to 1 day+. While the sync is happening in the background, you can create VMs, etc. Performance will be a bit degraded.

You can try turning off alerts while syncing is ongoing, otherwise you will receive this alert every hour.

You can check the status of the sync with "iscsi-cfg status".

Fresh new install iscsi DRDB error: inconsistent disk state 1 year 5 months ago #2810

• Giorgio Catena
  • Giorgio Catena's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks Costantino,
I saw now that the messages are gone and the vm on the virtual disk perform fine...I'll perform some HA checks asap I can.
Kind regards

• Page: